Monday 7 May 2012

Winter Stitching - It`s a Wrap!


6 months ago back in October 2011, I committed to writing a list of sewing that I wanted to do over the winter by linking up with Sarah`s Winter Stitching.

Back in January, I gave you my mid-term report here.

Back in January I had failed in making a quilt for my mum.  I`m ashamed to say that I haven`t yet made it.  I have plenty of ideas but I can`t commit.  It has to be done by her next birthday in July.  So far, it`s a big fat fail.

Another unfinished project back in January was my Drunkard`s Path quilt.  While I really love it, it remains a top.  No further progress on that one either.



I also committed to continuing with the Blogger`s BOM.  I have done 2 blocks.  Another fail.

Let`s see what I did do.  I must have made something.  I must have finished something.


  • Make a mini quilt for the For the Love of Solids swap - DONE.
Mini back

  •  make a zippered pouch for Mouthy Stitches.

  • I have joined a new bee. I was writing about Stitch Tease - an international mystery bee. I have made my starter blocks - the theme of my quilt is all things curved.

Stitch Tease Block 1

Stitch Tease Block 2
  • Another secret project - details to be revealed soon. This was Jennifer`s Mini Quilt Challenge.  I participated in the blog hop and made this mini using all solids and improv.piecing, inspired by the Gee`s Bend quilters.


  • I pledged to finish my Lark quilt, which sadly remains a top - FAIL.

  • I really want to swoon in the Swoonalong and I really want to do the Made in Cherry QAL but I need to get on as they are both well under way! - FAIL!
  • I did run my first series - the My Modern Muse series in March and interviewed some wonderful and inspiring bloggers about what inspires them!
  • I participated in Sunni`s Farmer`s Wife in my Life series and made this notebook cover based on Cindy`s tutorial. 

learn how to applique.  Another big fat fail, but I did do some embroidery.


 What else did I do that wasn`t on the list?

  • I made a quilt top for my hubby using Curious Nature by Parson Grey as part of Sarah`s Stained QAL.

I made a quilt top for Siblings Together, which I shall finish when I`m in England.


Last month, I hosted my first month as quilter in the Care Circle for do.Good Stitches and asked my lovely ladies to make super sized x and plus blocks. These blocks will be made in to a quilt for Siblings Together as well. Here are the blocks so far.


As I`m against the clock to link up my Winter Stitching, here are a few other things that I managed to get done.



1. Curious Nature Pouch (Front), 2. April Block We Bee Modern too, 3. Group Shot of Blocks for Hive 4, 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee, 4. Parisville Pouch, 5. Scrappy Grannies, 6. Kaffe Fasset Selvedge Pouch, 7. March Block for Kat, 8. FTLOS2 Mini and front of Matching Pouch, 9. We Bee Modern Too - February Block, 10. do.Good Stitches (Care Circle) February Blocks, 11. January Blocks for Care Circle, do.Good Stitches, 12. Lark Selvage Pouch, 13. First Attempt at a Zippered Pouch, 14. Blocks Received So Far in the 4th Quarter, 15. For the Love of Solids Mini Front, 16. March Block for Heather

With 7 minutes to go, I`m linking up with Sarah`s Winter Stitching.

28 comments:

Canadian Abroad said...

You have done some amazingly beautiful stitching this winter. I still think you have an awesome eye for colour.

Cherie said...

Wow some really great projects there! You certainly kept yourself busy, even with all those distractions =D

Kirsten said...

So many amazing projects Annabella!

Leanne said...

Your projects have all been beautiful and not one is a fail to me. The list thing, well you are a good example of why I avoid them most of the time.

blandina said...

You did a LOT! Do not beat yourself, you can be proud of what you achieved.
Your husband's quilt is stunning, so elegant.

Dianne Neale said...

7 minutes to go? Phew that was close. The problem with lists is they make us think we've failed! But you have made loads of beautiful things, you should be very pleased.

Dianne Neale said...

7 minutes to go? Phew that was close. The problem with lists is they make us think we've failed! But you have made loads of beautiful things, you should be very pleased.

Debbie said...

wow - all sorts of lovely projects here! thanks for all the inspiration!

Mrs Flying Blind... said...

Well done on beating the gong!

Anonymous said...

wow, you have been really busy. Loving your curves and the one looks like clam shells - I have wanted to make a clam shell quilt ever since I saw a 4 poster bed at the V & A with clam shell drapes. No fails as far as I can see!

Nicky said...

You have failed to be unproductive Annabella! You did lots - just not all the things you thought you were going to - just write a new list!

Catherine said...

How on earth do you do it?:-) I love the colours you have chosen for each project - really looking forward to seeing the drunkards path, and the finished quilt for your husband, binding and all!

linda said...

beautiful things you have made and the colours are lovely !!

Susan said...

Looks pretty impressive to me! I agree with Leanne- lists! Ugh! I avoid them too!

Kelly said...

A post packed full with gorgeous makes!

Katy Cameron said...

That was a pretty full winter, if not full with the things you intended to do ;o)

Lisa in Port Hope said...

I really enjoyed the Modern Muse series and found some new blogs to read!

Run Quilt Knit Write said...

Sounds like a lot to me!!!

www.randomthoughtsdoordi.com said...

You completed so many lovely projects all while chasing a three year old and helping to run a business. You are my hero...and you did it with 7 minutes to spare. I'm impressed! xo

Cindy said...

Oh my goodness you've done amazingly well - what gorgeous work!
You make my heart flutter...you used the notebook tute! You're the first I've seen :) Thank you for making my day.xx

Catherine said...

Dont focus on what you havn't done, cos what you have done is all amazing. I particulary love stitch tease block 2

Sheila said...

Too many F words Annabella, you have achieved heaps - and I love your floor!!

Archie The Wonder Dog said...

Wow!! I'm in love with everything you've made (and may have to copy your stitch tease 2 block!) - I think that's what's known as a good winter of stitching!

Annie said...

Quite amazing accomplishments I would say. It's hard when our own expectations are so high. Be kind to yourself and celebrate the things you did do

Danny Heyen said...

Wow! Great progress! I'm super scared of your Stitch Tease block. So. Many. Curves.

Katie said...

You've accomplished a ton!! I love the embroidery you did, really lovely!

Inspiredbyfelix said...

lol, you must have linked up just after me! Love the stained quilt, and the Siblings together loveliness, plus everything else too :) x

leanne said...

wow annabella - you did heaps of amazing projects - the others on your list, well there's always next winter !